07 December 2010

Recycling invitation and Greeting Cards


Wedding bells are in the air. Invitations have already been pouring in by the dozen a week. Most of the cards are so beautiful and innovative in design that I don’t feel like throwing them away after the wedding is over. I have found a way to recycle them by using my art and craft skills. I put these cards to different use depending on the design, size and material of the card. I share here a few of my creations—

This picture of Ganesha in the frame was the front cover of an invitation card. I carefully removed all the thin sheets attached inside it. I was left with this neat, square and thick sheet with a Ganesha embedded on it. I knew what I had to do and I just did that. I got it framed!

 

Most of the card covers I have been using to make gift envelopes to put cash, cheque, or gift vouchers. It just requires a pair of scissors to cut out the right portion with the best design possible for the envelope, an adhesive to seal or paste sides and a fancy thread to tie on the cover. This is very easy and as you can see yields interesting and eco-friendly results.
The leftover parts and cuttings of the cards can be used to make book-marks and compliments/message cards.

My creations are also up for your purchase and proceeds will go to charity. Please leave a comment if interested.

8 comments: